Friday, February 28, 2014

"wilderness of opinions"

Dear friend,
We all have the problems of with out real answers and we failled to solve them properly.
The Blessed One says and consider for that things as "wilderness of opinions" (tapaneeya)
The Buddha was not interested in discussing unnecessary metaphysical questions which are
purely speculative and which create imaginary problems. It seems that there were some among
his own disciples who did not appreciate this attitude of his.  We have good example story about ,them.
One day bhikku Malunkya putta got up from his afternoon meditation, went to the Buddha, saluted him ,sat on one aside and said;
Venarable Sir, when I was all alone meditating ,this thought occurred to me there are these problems unexplained put a rejected by the Blesed One.
Namley
(01)is universe eternal or
 (02)is it not eternal
(03)  is the universe finite
(04) or is the universe infinite
(05) is the soul same
(06) same as body or
(07) is soul one thing and body another thing
(08) does the Tathagata exit after death or
(09)does not he exit after death or
(10) does he both exit and not not-exit after death?

In this moment The Bleesed One does not explained to me this does not please,
I do not appreciate it I will go to the Blessed One and ask him about this matter. If the Blessed One explain them to meI will continueto fallow the holy life under him.If he does not explain them, Iwill leave the Order and go away. If the Blessed One knows that the universe is eternal let him explain it to me so.If the Blessed One knows that the universe is not eternal let him explain it to me so, let him say so.If the Blessed One does not knows that the universe is eternal or not, let him explain it to me so.

If the Blessed One knows that the universe is finite let him explain it to me so.If the Blessed One knows that the universe is infinite let him explain it to me so.
If the Blessed One does not know that the universe is finite let him explain it to me so.If the Blessed One does not know that the universe is infinite let him explain it to me so.
If the Blessed One knows that the soul is same let him explain it to me so.If the Blessed One knows that the soul is same let him explain it to me so.
If the Blessed One knows that the same as body let him explain it to me so.If the Blessed One knows that the soul one thing and body another thing,
let him explain it to me so.

If the Blessed One knows that the Tathagata exit after death, let him explain it to me so.
If the Blessed One knows that the Tathagata does not he exit after death, let him explain it to me so.
If the Blessed One knows that the Tathagata does he both exit and not not-exit after death? let him explain it to me so.

then for person who does not know it is straight forward to say,"I do not know  I do not see"
Then The Buddha's reply to bhikku Malunkya putta, should do good to many millions  in the world today who are wasting their valuable time on such  metaphysical questions and unnecessarilly disturbing their peace of mind Blessed One said "Did I ever tell you Malunkyaputta come Malunkyaputta, lead the holy life under me I will explain these questions to you?"
"No Venerable Sir"
 Then Malunkyaputta, even you did you tell me  "sir I will leave the holy life under the Buddha and the Blessed One will explain these questions to me "
"No Venerable Sir"
 Even now Malunkyaputta, I do not tell you" Come and lead the holy life under me, I will explain these questions to you?"
Cont.,






No comments:

Post a Comment